Friday, April 19, 2013

I’m 28 years old.  Last year I broke up with my boyfriend.  After a long post break up relationship- you know the one- when you decide you can be friends and talk all the time.  Then you decide that it would be an awesome idea to get together- because you’re friends!  Then you fall into a pattern, a familiar pattern, but that ok- because you’re friends!  And then you realize you’re not really friends.  So you have the talk, again.  You cry, again.  You get over it…again.
After the break up, I rebounded.  I started hanging out with a boy who had broken up with his girlfriend around the same time that I had broken up with my boyfriend.  We talked at night when we couldn’t fall asleep.  We laughed.  We had fun and it was exactly what I needed when it happened.
During the past year I liked one boy-but was way too “post break up blind” to see that I was seeing the wrong boy.  Luckily, him being the wrong boy, totally blew it after like 2 minutes.  He’s a good friend now, the real kind and I love him a lot.
I went on one real date.  But when running on the treadmill te next day- all I could think about is the ex.  I decided to wait a little while before I started dating again.
I started to enjoy the quiet.  I slept with both pillows.  I leave the cabinet doors open and my clothes on the floor.  I might have started on one side of the bed, but as the night goes on, I’m all over the place.  And the best part, I leave a place because I want to leave (or it’s closing, whichever comes first).
Then I made my last, “I’m over you” move.  I liked a guy who was a lot like my ex-boyfriend, only a little better.  He’s my “Ex 4S”.  Basically, the same only with a couple little improvements.  When I realized that, realized I didn’t want that, I knew I was read to date. 
Except I’m 28 and I don’t get out.  I work at a bar with mainly drunk men.  And when you’re drunk, you are not attractive, male or female.  When I’m not at the bar, I like to stay at home………and sleep.
So I’m 28 and have decided to register at a dating website.  Put it out into the universe that I’m ready to date.  And deal with whatever weirdness comes my way.  Plus, I’m pretty sure it will make a funny blog… 

No comments:

Post a Comment